With the current changes in place around Covid-19, we have been looking at how we can minimise contact on a day to day basis between clients and staff, whilst still running a fully functional service here at the barn. We remain committed to delivering exceptional care to your pet, while doing our part to reduce the spread of respiratory illness (in particular, COVID-19 coronavirus), including careful monitoring of the health and wellbeing of our staff.
As of today, Wednesday 18th March. We would kindly ask our clients to help us by taking these simple steps:
- If your pet has an appointment
When you arrive, please call our reception team on 01483 455355 and they will advise when you can enter the practice. If you are asked to wait, if you can please wait outside the practice or in you car and the reception team will call you as soon as you can enter.
- Can we please ask when visiting the practice that we limit to one person per pet where possible.
- We ask that clients please wash their hands or use sanitizer as they enter the practice.
- We ask that all repeat prescriptions and food orders, now be placed over the phone by calling 01483 455355 or by email
- If you’ve been exposed to COVID-19, had close contact with someone who has, or you’re experiencing symptoms (new persistent cough and/or fever) and your pet needs veterinary care, please do not enter the practice. Please call us. We will be able to advise you on how your pets can receive the care they need.
- Please limit your time in the waiting area and maintain at least 2 metres of space between you and other pet owners in common spaces.
- We would appreciate, where possible if payments can be made via a card transaction instead of cash.
As the days and weeks go by, here at the Barn we will continue to try our best to minimise disruption in practice but may at times have to ask our clients to be sympathetic to the staff. All the above steps are being put in place to prevent the spread of the virus.
Thank you for your understanding.
The Oak Barn Team